At Agni College of Technology, separate hostels for boys and girls are available with spacious rooms and adequate storage areas. Access to internet from hostel is a facility that aids the quest for knowledge. Hostel students can access the Wi-Fi facility directly. In addition, some rooms are provided with a wire connection.
Each hostel is attached with a modern kitchen, a dining hall, a reading room with newspapers, periodicals and magazines, a TV and a telephone.
The study hour is from 8.30 pm to 10pm. The compulsory study hours in the hostel will be from 6 PM to 7.30 PM for girls and 6.30 PM to 8.00 PM for boys. Strict discipline is maintained at both hostels.
- The Hostel and Mess will start functioning from the first working day of each semester and will be closed on the last working day of each semester.
- Mess timings for boys and girls will be displayed in the mess and it should be strictly followed.
- Hostel inmates should be decently dressed and they should not wear obnoxious clothes inside the hostel/mess.
- The Hostellers should respect the hostel officials and mess staff.
- Guests are not to be entertained inside the room.
- Audio, Video and other electrical systems will not be permitted for use in the Hostel room.
- Hostel students should not allow the day scholars to enter the hostel rooms strictly.
- No visitors will be allowed to the hostel after 6.00 P.M.
- Visitors including parents are not allowed to stay in the hostel and all visitors should leave the campus by 6.00 P.M.
- The compulsory study hours in the hostel will be from 6 PM to 7.30 PM for girls and 6.30 PM to 8.00 PM for boys. This must be strictly adhered to everyday.
- The Hostellers are not permitted to stay in the rooms during College Hours. If a Hosteller is sick, he/she may be permitted to stay in the room after getting permission from the Warden.
- The Hostel Gate will be closed sharply at 8.20 am and will be opened only after College Hours.
- If the Hostellers have any grievances it should be represented to the Warden only.
- Unwarranted talk between boys and girls in the campus/mess is strictly prohibited and any violation of this rule will be viewed seriously.
- Students are allotted hostel accommodation semester wise and will have to stay till the end of the semester. If a student vacates the hostel before the end of the semester, the hostel fee will not be refunded.
- The hostellers should keep the hostel pollution-free at all times.
- Smoking, consumption of pan, gutka, alcohol or any intoxicating material in the hostel rooms as well as in the campus are strictly prohibited. Hostellers found violating this rule will be sent out of the hostel.
- Any hosteller who is punished for misbehavior/indiscipline of any sort is not entitled for refund of fee/deposit.
- Ragging in any form is totally banned. If any hosteller is found to be indulging in any sort of ragging, harassment to the juniors or to other fellow students, inside/outside the campus, mess, hostel, he/she will be immediately dismissed from the college and criminal action will also be taken against them as per the rules.
- Hostellers are responsible for the maintenance of all furniture and fixtures such as cot, lights, fans, window glasses, toilet pipes and fittings. The hosteller should not deface the walls of the hostel building by writing or by pasting posters. If any damage is noticed, the inmates of the hostel will be fined.
- The utensils used in the mess, such as plates, steel tumbler or water jugs should never be brought out under any circumstances. Violators would be punished severely.
- Parents and visitors are allowed to see their wards on Saturdays and Sundays.
- For permissions and special approvals, the hostel students (Boys & Girls) are advised to approach the hostel warden only between 7 PM and 8 PM every day.
- Boys can move out of the hostel with permission, only between 8.00 AM to 6.00 PM on Saturday. If students need permission to go out on any other day and timing for any genuine purpose then they have to get special permission from the Warden.
- Girls are allowed to go out of the hostel for valid reasons only on Sunday, between 8AM to 4 PM with the prior permission from the Hostel Warden.
- The hostellers have to submit written request from their parents/guardians in case they want them to be sent out to any place for overnight stay or to visit their native place.
- The hostellers are allowed to meet their guardians in Chennai once a month during holidays. They must get permission from the warden by submitting a written request.
- The inmates of the hostel should not indulge in any anti-social activities.
- Telephones should be used only for short conversations and it should not be used for more than 3 minutes continuously or after 10.00 P.M
- Using camera cell phone is banned inside the campus. If anybody is found using it, it will be confiscated.
- The caution deposit will be refunded to the hosteller only while taking T.C. from the college on his/her course completion or in case of discontinuation of studies.
- The Management has every right to cancel the hostel admission or send the boy/girl out of the hostel, if they are not satisfied with the conduct and behavior of the student.
- The hostellers are advised not to keep large cash or valuables inside the hostel and the management is not responsible for any loss or theft. It is the responsibility of the inmates to keep their belongings safely.
- College reserves the rights of Admission to hostel.
- If a hosteller goes out of the hostel for short breaks or to their native place or to other place for doing their project work etc, they will not be entitled to get any pro-rata discount of fee for their absence from the hostel irrespective of the number of days they were not in the hostel.
- All the hostellers/parents are expected to be aware of the hostel rules and regulations and ignorance of the same will not be an excuse for any dispute.
- Hostel fee should be paid in advance for each semester and those failing to pay the fees will be sent out of the hostel and will not be served food in the mess.
- On all matters of dispute the decision of the principal will be final and binding on the hostellers.
|Inul Huthaya M
|Dr.Jaya Lakshmi G