About the Department
M.E. (Power Electronics and Drives) was started as a regular programme in the year 2012. It is being offered as both Full Time programme & Part Time (Regular), to encourage fresh and practicing engineers to enhance their professional skill in the field. This specialization is the most sought after, as the demand for engineers required for the industries working on equipment and circuits for Renewable Energy System trends spectacular swift.
Agni college is one of the Top M.E. Power Electronics and Drives in Chennai under Anna University.
Programmes Offered By The Department Are:
B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
M.E. Power Electronics and Drives
Vision & Mission
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's):
Program graduates will acquire technical knowledge, skills and analytical ability to design, develop and test power electronic converters and drives using modern tools.
Acquire skills and knowledge in the field of power electronics and drives to improve the system performance and to relate social, ethical, economic and environmental dimensions.
Confidence to conduct research, take up higher studies and life-long learning in the field of power electronics and drives.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Knowledge of application of science and mathematics in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Ability to demonstrate and design different types of converters and inverters.
- Analyze and design different types of controllers for the special electrical machines.
- Acquire skills to use modern simulation tools and digital hardware technology for modelling and prototyping of complex power electronic systems.
- Will demonstrate the application of power electronics systems to improve the performance of power system.
- Analyse, design and integrate various renewable sources to the power grid, to meet the energy demand.
- Demonstrate capability to participate in the emerging smart grid technologies.
- Enhance research capabilities and demonstrate problem identification, analysis and synthesis skills.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form by way of presenting technical papers in national and international forums and journals.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions on the society and be aware of the contemporary issues.
- Confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.