"Where excellence is a way of life"
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2001 and affiliated to Anna University, approved by AICTE, accredited to NBA, ISO certified. This Department has all that is necessary to carve a successful Computer Engineer of international standard. The department attracts projects from outside and develops the software in its own project lab with the help of its eminent faculty members and students. Being a forerunner in the field, the Department is constantly modernizing its facilities to adapt itself to the rapidly changing technological scenario.
There are several ways to present the canonical core of Computer Science. Over the years we have developed a distinctive style and method that bridges the division between theory and practice yet remaining grounded with the core. The department is committed to the free software and open source movements, as typified by Linux. It further believes that reading and modifying open source code is an essential and effective tool for the practical software development.
Programmes offered by the Department are:
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
To produce prime computer professional by inculcating the spirit to expertise in technological world with their individual identity and ethical codes.
- To stimulate young minds to adhering technological drift.
- To make the students to think beyond the boundary using analytical and logical skills.
- To gear up the graduants to grab opportunity in core field, pursuing higher education and to become empowering entrepreneurs.
- To mould the engineers to become innovative contributors and responsible citizen for the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
PEO 1: To provide a sound foundation for the students in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals.
PEO 2: To develop the ability among the students to apply current industry practice and technology to design, implement, test and verify computing systems.
To imbibe logical thinking and programming skills to comprehend complex engineering problem.
PEO 4: To develop the skills to visualize the problems and solutions, enabling them to work in teams and to be an effective leader.
PEO 5: To train the students to adhere professional ethics and be responsible for societal transformation.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering funda mentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi disciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO's):
- Graduates will have ability to understand software requirement and methodologies of design.
- Graduates will have ability to apply suitable Mathematical models to solve the real life and complex engineering problem.
- Graduates will have ability to use their engineering skills and thereby deliver new technologies and innovations.